Friday, August 29, 2014

I am truly amazed that we take so many things for granted and often fail to appreciate the availability of  what makes life easier until we lose something. What we lose differs for each person. Children lose parents. That is an adjustment. We lose people who have made our world secure. Our hearts grieve. Yesterday, encountering a man whose story went like this, made me think. He went to bed as usual to awaken the next morning blind. He had a stroke in the middle of the night. Sight was gone. Another person, at a fast food place struggled to stand. A year ago, he said I had little difficulty rising to my feet. Now Arthritis has claimed him. (in one day, stories of loss and the various ways people cope with loss)"I hear you are having a book published," one greeted me. "Any characters with real life problems in it."  "What age person are you interested in?" "Well, I'm feeling old today," he said. I laughed. "Well, you might like Ruthie. she is three but feels like four, or the neighbor next door, a wealthy lady who has no one and demands everyone stay off her property, until the ice storm when her furnace quits. Or, there's the young widow or the young divorcee. Take your pick." "I'll think about it," he said, What's the name of your book?"  Forgiven. I appreciate that he asked. Rest well.

No comments:

Post a Comment